Season 6, Episode 7
See Tune-In Times
It's a trip to the Kasbah as Michael goes Moroccan with a party that just sounds exotic. With recipes for Tagine of Lamb Stracotto w/ Spring Onions, Ceci with sage & garlic,Couscous, Dates & figs for dessert with mint tea.
Day Before Party:
- Salt, stack and soak lemon slices for Preserved Lemon.
- Cut lamb and combine with herbs and oils and allow to marinate for Tagine of Lamb Stracatto with Spring Onions.
- Rinse and refrigerate Preserved Lemon slices overnight.
- Slice and par boil potatoes to go in the Tagine of Lamb Stracatto with Spring Onions.
- Slice and add carrots to onions and continue cooking for Tagine of Lamb Stracatto.
- Remove lamb pieces from marinade, and dredge in flour, sauté until brown for Tagine of Lamb Stracatto, then use oil from browned lamb to caramelize par boiled potatoes and carrots.
- Reduce wine and chicken broth for simmering sauce and combine in large pot for Tagine of Lamb Stracatto, place in oven to cook, clean and peel spring onions.
- Combine and prepare all ingredients for Ceci alla Siciliana and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove Tagine of Lamb Stracatto from oven and refrigerate overnight.
1 Hour Before Party:
- Boil water and add cous cous for Cous Cous with Preserved Lemon.
- Reheat Tagine of Lamb Stracatto, add cleaned and peeled spring onions.
- Prep and add cilantro and Preserved Lemon for Cous Cous with Preserved Lemon.
At the party:
- Grill bruschetta and cover with olive oil to serve with Ceci alla Siciliana.
Eat and Enjoy!
Trefethen Double T 2002 Napa Valley Red
Ravenswood 2003 Vintners Blend Zinfandel