2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
1. Kids can help peel the potatoes and then have an adult slice the potatoes.
2. Kids can prepare a large bowl of ice water and place potato slices in water for 1 hour.
3. After one hour, drain on paper towels and pat dry.
4. An adult should fry the slices in oil at 375 degrees F for several minutes, until golden brown.
5. After cooking, kids can pat the chips dry and sprinkle them with salt.
Playing and having fun can really work up an appetite. Sweet potato chips are perfect for such an occasion. Just follow these easy steps and you can make a snack so sweet, it will have couch potatoes running back for more.
Thanks for checking out the new Food Network recipe page! Please provide feedback on what you like or dislike.Take a Survey
Not digging it? 😥 Go back to the old look.
Get inspired with our best summer appetizers like crab dip, salsa, nachos and more from Food Network.
Round out your perfect picnic or cookout with summer side dish recipes for pasta salad, potato salad, coleslaw and more from your favorite chefs at Food Network.
Serve up a tasty treat this summer with our favorite summer desserts, including tarts, shortcake and ice cream, from your favorite chefs at Food Network.