Healthy Snacking at Work
You'll be able to resist the snack machine if you stock your office with healthier snacks like popcorn, frozen grapes and nuts.
As we settle into our work groove and busy office routines, it's too easy to grab a bag of chips or make a meal out of a box of Cheez-Its (which I secretly love), but that will quickly leave you feeling unmotivated and unproductive. Rather than raiding the snack machine, here are some great, simple, and healthy snacks to take to the office that will keep you feeling alert and active the whole day.
- Roasted Chickpeas – Here's a crunchy snack that will give you the same satisfaction as a handful of chips. Chickpeas are packed full of fiber, iron and folate to support a nutritionally-balanced diet. Play around with this recipe and season the chickpeas to your liking: Try cinnamon or cumin instead of the Dijon.
- Frozen Grapes – A classic for someone with a sweet tooth. Grapes are full of polyphenols to help protect again heart disease. Stick your grapes in the freezer when you head to bed, and in the morning you'll have a healthy candy-alternative to take to the office!
- Popcorn -- Its all the craze this year with fun, low-calorie, flavorful options popping up on grocery market shelves. Pop your own and add spices like curry powder or dark chocolate powder. The possibilities are endless for these nutritious kernels. Try this recipe for Popcorn With Rosemary Oil.
- Nuts or Seeds – While portion-size is important when snacking on high-fat and high-calorie nuts and seeds, they’re also full of fiber, protein and antioxidants, as well as healthy mono- and polyunsaturated fats. Keeping them down to about a ¼ cup serving will make for a reasonable and rewarding snack. Picking up the unsalted version will also keep the sodium down. Try pistachios in their shell; the process of removing the nut from the shell will prolong your snacking experience.
- Edamame -- Portion out a 1/2 cup of frozen edamame as you head out the door and come snack time this protein-packed bean will be ready to eat. Loaded with nutrients and flavor it is one of the healthiest snacks out there.
Class Act: Healthy Snack Ideas to Bring to School
Help your little ones and their classmates snack smarter this year.
50 Late-Night Snacks
Find a new way to satisfy your midnight cravings.
Saturday Snack Attack
The Kitchen hosts are raiding the pantry and cupboards for these flavor-boosted snack ideas — perfect for the weekend.
Everything You Need to Create a Beautiful Pastel Snack Board
We have you covered, from the best boards to buy to the sweetest treats to arrange on top.
Is Peanut Butter Good for You?
Find out whether or not you should... go nuts.
5 Snacks to Fight Off Hunger
Snacking is a must! It helps you get from one meal to the next -- no headaches, drops in energy or stomach rumbling. The secret: choosing snacks that contain hunger-fighting ingredients. Here are five favorites.
5 Treats You Should Make for a Drive-In Movie
One cannot (and should not) watch a movie without snacks.
14 Delicious and Healthy Snacks for Work
These homemade and store-bought snack options will keep you energized and satisfied throughout the workday.
Thin Mints Just Got Even Crunchier
You can now get the taste of Thin Mints ... in a Stacy’s Pita Chip?