1. Whisk the egg with the scallion whites, ginger, soy sauce and 3 tablespoons of the mayonnaise in a large bowl. Finley grate the zest and add it and the juice from 1/2 the lime to the mixture. (Cut the remaining 1/2 lime in wedges and reserve for serving.) Fold the crabmeat, shrimp, and 4 tablespoons of the panko into the mixture and season with pepper.
2. Put some panko in a shallow bowl for breading. Divide the crab mixture evenly into 4 patties, about 3 inches in diameter. Coat each patty all over with the panko, transfer to a plate and refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, put the wasabi powder in a small bowl, stir in 2 tablespoons water and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons mayonnaise. (This should be the consistency of heavy cream.) Set aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
5. Heat the oil in a large oven-safe nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the crab cakes and cook until light brown and crisp, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake the crab cakes until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F inside, 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Drain on paper towels. Serve the crab cakes on a bed of sprouts if desired, top with the scallion greens, wasabi mayonnaise and lime wedges.
From Food Network Kitchen: This recipe has been updated and may differ from what was originally published or broadcast.
This recipe has been updated and may differ from what was originally published or broadcast.
Copyright 2010 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Check Out Our
Get a sneak-peek of the new Food Network recipe page and give us your feedback.See it Now!