How To Make the Prettiest Paper-Cut Flowers
Perfect for any Cinco de Mayo fiesta.
Excerpted from "Life is a Party: Deliciously Doable Recipes to Make Every Day a Celebration" by David Burtka © Grand Central Publishing 2019. Provided courtesy of David Burtka. All rights reserved.
David Burtka has the perfect DIY festive paper flowers for your Cinco de Mayo fiesta.
What you'll need:
- Multicolored tissue paper
- Pipe cleaners
- Stack multicolored tissue paper and fold into an accordion-style fold about 1 inch thick.
- Staple the center or tie it with a pipe cleaner.
- Cut the edges into round or petal shapes, then unfold.
- Peel the layers toward the center to create a flower.
- Hang flowers with pipe cleaners.