5 New Ways to Bake with Carrots — Fall Fest
We're always down for a good carroty side or munching on a wholesome handful as-is, of course. But when it's getting dark early and dessert intake is of the utmost importance, we need our carrot recipes to be comfortingly sweet. Typically taken with that familiar swirl of cream cheese frosting and just the right touch of spice, carrot-based baked goods add that veggie-packed punch — but this time, there's a twist. Start grating those carrots for five new takes on carroty desserts. We have big plans for them.
1. If you believe that the cream cheese frosting is hands-down the best part of carrot cake, go all-out with a Carrot Cheesecake (pictured above). Food Network Kitchen's comforting mash-up creation stacks a thick layer of cheesecake and a sour cream topping on top of moist, spiced carrot cake. See how to make it here.
2. If you haven't made brunch at home recently, it's time to dust off that forgotten waffle iron of yours. Believe it or not, this humble appliance is capable of much more than the waffle-and-maple syrup combination you grew up with. Next time, heat it up for — wait for it — Waffled Carrot Cake, a griddled masterpiece best enjoyed with a good slathering of cream cheese frosting. Eat it for a no-oven take on dessert or a decadent brunch.
3. If the only flourless cake you can fathom is chocolate &mash; and more chocolate — Food Network Magazine's recipe might surprise you. Dense and different, Food Network Magazine's Flourless Carrot Bundt Cake gets its foundation from almond flour and shredded carrots, and is best served with a luxurious glaze made with fresh orange juice and vanilla bean.
CARROT CAKE WITH MARSHMALLOW FLUFF CREAM CHEESE FROSTING Bobby Flay Throwdown With Bobby Flay/Carrot Cake Food Network Unsalted Butter, Crushed Pineapple, Eggs, Canola Oil, Vanilla Extract, Carrots, Fresh Ginger, Allpurpose Flour, Organic Cane Sugar, Muscavado Sugar, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Ground Ginger, Fresh Nutmeg, Salt, Crystallized Ginger, Toasted Pecans, Light Corn Syrup, Granulated Sugar, Vanilla Bean, Cream of Tartar, Cream Cheese, Powdered Sugar, Fluff,CARROT CAKE WITH MARSHMALLOW FLUFF CREAM CHEESE FROSTING Bobby Flay Throwdown With Bobby Flay/Carrot Cake Food Network Unsalted Butter, Crushed Pineapple, Eggs, Canola Oil, Vanilla Extract, Carrots, Fresh Ginger, Allpurpose Flour, Organic Cane Sugar, Muscavado Sugar, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Ground Ginger, Fresh Nutmeg, Salt, Crystallized Ginger, Toasted Pecans, Light Corn Syrup, Granulated Sugar, Vanilla Bean, Cream of Tartar, Cream Cheese, Powdered Sugar, Fluff
Matt Armendariz, 2014, Television Food Network, G.P. All Rights Reserved.
4. Bobby Flay revolutionizes the classic slice of carrot cake by gussying up the frosting. Enter: Carrot Cake with Marshmallow Fluff Cream Cheese Frosting. Surrounding the classic in a cloud of marshmallow creme and traditional cream cheese gives this notoriously light, moist cake a whole new meaning.
Chef Name: Food Network Kitchen Full Recipe Name: Healthy Blueberry-Carrot Muffins Talent Recipe: FNK Recipe: Food Networks Kitchen’s Healthy Blueberry-Carrot Muffins, as seen on Foodnetwork.com Project: Foodnetwork.com, HOLIDAY/SUPER BOWL/COMFORT/HEALTHY Show Name: Food Network / Cooking Channel: Food Network
Renee Comet, 2013, Television Food Network, G.P. All Rights Reserved
5. Just because carrots are included in a recipe doesn't automatically make it healthy, but Healthy Blueberry Carrot Muffins are an exception. Made with better-for-you coconut oil and a limited amount of sweetener, these healthy fruit-and-veggie muffins will sway even hardcore blueberry-muffin aficionados, who don't want anything mixing with their precious burst berries.
Jeanette's Healthy Living: Ghost Chile Carrot Hot Sauce
The Heritage Cook: Roasted Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup #FallFest
Elephants and the Coconut Trees: Carrot Cake with Coconut and Raisins
Big Girls, Small Kitchen: Easy Slaw with Carrots & Red Peppers
In Jennie's Kitchen: Carrot "Fettucine" with Lemon Thyme Butter Sauce
Swing Eats: Bourbon Maple Glazed & Braised Carrots
Daily*Dishin: Spicy Carrot Spread/Dip (Guten Free-Dairy Free)
Taste with the Eyes: Peruvian Shrimp and Baby Carrots, Aji Amarillo Soy Marinade