Dzintra Dzenis Bio
Eliminated Week 3
Dzintra, 44 (Austin, Texas), a caterer since age 17, really knows her way around the kitchen. She graduated from Le Cordon Bleu in Paris with a Grand Diplome, signifying mastery in both pastry and cuisine, and enjoys updating classic dishes with a flare of elegance. Dzintra teaches private cooking classes, hosts a supper club and spends time with her husband and 12-year-old daughter.
Food specialty: New American Fusion
Favorite restaurant: Chez Georges in Paris
Three foods you can't live without (other than bread or water): Sushi, green vegetables and a great big juicy steak
Food you won't go near: Anything with too many arms and legs
Weirdest thing you've ever eaten: Pig ears and knuckles in aspic
Interests and hobbies: Cooking, any kind of dance, music and movies
Favorite Food Network chef: Duff Goldman
Favorite shows (don't have to be on Food Network): Iron Chef, American Idol and Law & Order
Favorite food destination: France
Culinary inspirations: My mom's cooking, beautiful food photos and French markets and bakeries
Three people, alive or dead, whom you'd like to invite to a dinner party, and what culinary delights would you prepare for your guests: Clint Eastwood, Sandra Bullock and Thomas Keller. I'd cook the following:
- A cool and refreshing Mojito, using my garden mint
- Ceviche of Hawaiian Blue Prawns and Hamachi, tossed with fresh avocado, spring onions, diced jalapenos and crisp English cucumbers
- Butter-Crusted Sea Bass with a cilantro beurre-blanc, served with rice pilaf tossed with sweet summer corn, bell peppers and crunchy macadamia nuts
- Yuzu-Habanera sorbet with a splash of Champagne "Spoon"
- Sweet summer peaches baked in phyllo-thin crust, topped with butter crumble topping and fresh whipped cream
Favorite books: Jane Eyre, Gone With the Wind and cookbooks with lots of photos
Favorite movies: My Cousin Vinny, The Bridges of Madison County and The Sound of Music
Why do you think you should be the Season 6 Food Network Star: My passion for food and cooking is so strong, it's contagious!