1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and generously salt it.
2. Cut a slit in the stem end of each tomato. Gently lower the tomatoes into the boiling water. Boil until the skin peels back from the slits, about 30 seconds. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a large bowl. Keep the water boiling.
3. While the tomatoes cool, on a cutting board, finely mince the garlic with the sugar into a paste. Peel off and discard the tomato skins, then transfer the tomatoes to a large bowl. With your hands, crush the tomatoes until chunky. Add the garlic-sugar paste and oil and crush the tomatoes into fine bits.
4. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until just al dente. Drain and transfer to the tomato sauce. Toss well. Tear the basil leaves into the bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper, and toss again.
5. Wipe up any oil drips or tomato sauce splatters from the counter with Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes*.
*Use as directed. For surfaces that may come in contact with food, a potable water rinse is required.