It's easy to make a fun, edible candy aquarium.
What you'll need:
- 2 packages unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons blue raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup white cranberry juice
- 2 wide-rimmed glasses
- Rock candy
- Offset spatula
- Gummie sharks
- Gummie fish
- Whipped cream
How to make mermaid gelatin:
- Boil 1 cup of water.
- Add the unflavored gelatin to a bowl and add the boiling water. Whisk for 1 minute.
- Add the blue raspberry gelatin to the bowl and continue to whisk for another minute.
- Add the white cranberry juice and whisk for 1 minute.
- Let it cool, then pour it into a wide-rimmed glass and let set for at least 4 hours.
How to make a candy-quarium:
- Pour rock candy on the bottom of an empty wide-rimmed glass.
- Transfer the gelatin into the glass with the candy. (TIP: Soak the glass with gelatin in warm water for 30 seconds to loosen if necessary.)
- Slit holes in the gelatin with an offset spatula and insert shark and fish gummies.
- Top with whipped cream and more shark/fish gummies.
- Finish with sprinkles.
Here’s a sweet and festive way to start your New Year.
Spring has sprung and it's time to enjoy nature's bounty of delicious greens. The Kitchen has the roadmap to 3 different types of these flavor-packed veggies and the ultimate dressing parings to accent their flavors.
Learn to make a kiddie pool foot soak, a spa product featured on The Kitchen.
Learn to make a strawberry mask, a spa product featured on The Kitchen.
Butternut squash can be a pain to peel. We've got a quick trick to make the process much easier.
Try these clever shortcuts and tricks from the cast of The Kitchen the next time you need to need to reheat a slice of pizza or cool down a six-pack fast.
The Kitchen's putting some unexpected food on the grill.
Take your summer party to the next level with the ultimate party accessory…a DIY photo booth!