It's easy to make a fun, edible candy aquarium.
What you'll need:
- 2 packages unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons blue raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup white cranberry juice
- 2 wide-rimmed glasses
- Rock candy
- Offset spatula
- Gummie sharks
- Gummie fish
- Whipped cream
How to make mermaid gelatin:
- Boil 1 cup of water.
- Add the unflavored gelatin to a bowl and add the boiling water. Whisk for 1 minute.
- Add the blue raspberry gelatin to the bowl and continue to whisk for another minute.
- Add the white cranberry juice and whisk for 1 minute.
- Let it cool, then pour it into a wide-rimmed glass and let set for at least 4 hours.
How to make a candy-quarium:
- Pour rock candy on the bottom of an empty wide-rimmed glass.
- Transfer the gelatin into the glass with the candy. (TIP: Soak the glass with gelatin in warm water for 30 seconds to loosen if necessary.)
- Slit holes in the gelatin with an offset spatula and insert shark and fish gummies.
- Top with whipped cream and more shark/fish gummies.
- Finish with sprinkles.
Find out how Geoffrey transforms traditional Spanish paella into an easy, can-do dish.
The New Year means spicing up your pantry with some tasty new products. The Kitchen hosts have a few predictions for some new brunch food trends for this year.
Just because the fire has died down doesn't mean your evening is over! Bask in the afterglow of the grill with these clever ideas from the cast of The Kitchen.
Enter to win a cutting board signed by all five co-hosts of Food Network's The Kitchen.
Here at The Kitchen, we're not above being a little cheesy. We put out the call and you came back to us with some really cheesy questions. Here are a few of the most popular ones from The Kitchen Helpline.
Jeff and Sunny share two ways to update traditional cornbread.
Mayonnaise-based dressings or vinaigrettes, Yukon golds or sweet potatoes? The Kitchen co-hosts explore two ways to doctor up the classic potato salad.
Master the art of gift giving with these fun and easy Southern-inspired hostess gifts!
You don't have to wait until dessert to dig into chocolate. See how Geoffrey Zakarian introduces cocoa powder into a savory main dish.
Win a Signed Copy of Martha Stewart's Cakes: Our First-Ever Book of Bundts, Loaves, Layers, Coffee Cakes, and More
Enter the FN Dish giveaway for your chance to win a signed copy of Martha Stewart's cookbook.