Everyday Garlic Chicken Greats
We're teaming up with other food and garden bloggers to host Summer Fest 2010, a season-long garden party. Each week we'll feature favorite garden-to-table recipes and tips to help you enjoy the bounty, whether you're harvesting your own goodies or buying them fresh from the market. To join in, check out awaytogarden.com.
A few cloves (or heads!) of garlic are great for livening up plain chicken dinners. For an explosion of garlicky flavor, add these favorite weeknight wonders to your repertoire.
Cloves of garlic roast right along with the chicken. Squeezed the sweet, warm garlic out of the skin and spread onto fresh bread for a sensational side.
This chicken hangs out in a mashed garlic mixture for 2 hours or overnight, so all the garlicky goodness sinks in before dinnertime.
Ina proves that you can never have too much garlic. The Barefoot Contessa mixes up a secret sauce, with loads of garlic, white wine, Cognac and a touch of heavy cream.
With a few key ingredients and a quick marinade, Claire cooks up a flavorful can't-miss chicken dinner.
- Sara at Food2: Easiest Recipes Ever, Starring Garlic
- Michelle on Cooking Channel: Roasted Garlic
- Liz at Healthy Eats: 5 Reasons to Eat More Garlic
- Todd and Diane at White on Rice Couple: Garlic Knots
- Nicole at Pinch My Salt: Spicy Pickled Garlic
- Margaret at A Way to Garden: Growing and Storing a Year of Garlic
- Caroline at the Wright Recipes: Ajo Blanco Soup, and Confit Garlic
- The Gilded Fork: Garlic Dossier and Recipes
- Food Network UK: Glorious Garlic
- Paige at The Sister Project: Spaghetti with Garlic and Zucchini
- Alana at Eating from the Group Up: Pickled Garlic
- Cate at Sweetnicks: Double Dose of Garlic-Cuban Black Beans and The Best Pork Ever