Watch this video explaining how to avoid the stumbling blocks of grilling salmon. Learn the difference between salmon steaks and fillets. Note: Steaks are preferable for grilling. Wild caught is best for flavor and sustainability.
1. Buy skin-on Salmon to hold fish together.
2. Place salmon on oiled heated grill.
3. Once salmon releases itself from grill, flip.
4. Let salmon rest 10 minutes when done.
5. Serve with a little lemon.
Lay out 1 large sheet (about 16 inches by 12 inches) of parchment paper. Place 4 of the asparagus spears in the center of the paper, then 1 fish fillet on top and then a slice of lemon. Season with salt and pepper, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and 1 sprig of the thyme. Fold over the ends of the parchment to enclose the fish. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the fish reaches 130 to 135 degrees F on a thermometer.