Watch this video explaining how to avoid the stumbling blocks of grilling salmon. Learn the difference between salmon steaks and fillets. Note: Steaks are preferable for grilling. Wild caught is best for flavor and sustainability.
1. Buy skin-on Salmon to hold fish together.
2. Place salmon on oiled heated grill.
3. Once salmon releases itself from grill, flip.
4. Let salmon rest 10 minutes when done.
5. Serve with a little lemon.
Lay out 1 large sheet (about 16 inches by 12 inches) of parchment paper. Place 4 asparagus spears in the center of the paper, then 1 fish fillet on top and then a slice of lemon. Season with salt and pepper, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil and 1 sprig of thyme. Fold over the ends of the parchment paper to enclose the fish. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the fish reaches 130 to 135 degrees F on a thermometer.