How to Make Ice Cream Cupcakes
Get the inside scoop on fun family baking.
Ice Cream Cupcakes courtesy of Linsey Lam
What you'll need:
- - Large round pastry tip
- - Chocolate cupcakes (store-bought, from a box mix or homemade)
- - Seedless raspberry jam
- - Vanilla buttercream frosting (store-bought or homemade)
- - Small ice cream scoop
- - Chocolate sauce
- - Rainbow sprinkles
- - Whipped cream
- - Marachino cherries
- Press a large round pastry tip about an inch into the top of each cupcake, then use a small spoon to scoop a piece out of the top to make a small well. Repeat with all the cupcakes.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons raspberry jam into each well, and add the cake "caps" on top.
- Top each cupcake with a small scoop of vanilla buttercream using the ice cream scoop.
- Decorate the cupcakes to look like ice cream sundaes with a drizzle of chocolate sauce, sprinkles, dollops of whipped cream and cherries on top.
Baking Tip: Mix a teaspoon of espresso powder into your chocolate cupcake batter to intensify the chocolate flavor.