Ice Cream Cone Balloon Craft
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream on our birthday. This simple craft will turn your birthday day décor into a dessert favorite.
You'll need the following craft supplies, which can easily be picked up at any craft store:
- Crepe paper streamers (in colors matching the balloons)
- Colorful balloons
- Gold party hats
- Hot glue gun (with glue sticks)
- Double-sided tape
- Construction paper
- Wooden dowels
- Red pom-poms
How to make the ice cream balloons:
- Use scissors to cut a scalloped edge into crepe paper streamers of corresponding colors to the balloons. These streamers will mimic ice cream drips coming down a cone. Secure the crepe paper to the edge of the gold party hats with double-sided tape or hot glue. The scalloping should face the pointed end of the hats.
- Cut construction paper into confetti to mimic ice cream sprinkles. These will be glued to the top of the balloons later.
- Blow up the balloons and tape a wooden dowel to the knot of each tied balloon. Thread a party hat onto each dowel and up toward the secured balloon to create an ice cream cone. Secure the stick at the bottom of each hat with hot glue.
- Adhere the confetti and a "cherry" pom-pom to the top of each balloon using the hot glue gun. Hot glue is safe to use on balloons and won't pop them!