Jason DeCrow, © 2016, Television Food Network, G.P. All Rights Reserved
Marcela Valladolid's slow cooker cornbread and Geoffrey Zakarian's toaster oven green beans are displayed, as seen on Food Network's The Kitchen, Season 11.
Microwave Solution: Toast Nuts
- To toast nuts in the microwave (we used slivered almonds), put nuts on a microwave-safe dish.
- Spray the nuts with cooking spray.
- Microwave at 50-percent power for 9 minutes, stirring every 1 minute.
Toaster Oven Solution: Make Green Beans
- Spread green beans on a toaster oven tray--you can line it with foil for easy clean up.
- Drizzle with olive oil and a splash of water.
- Toss with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. (We tossed the green beans with our garlic vinaigrette and sprinkled the almonds on top!)
Slow Cooker Solution: Make Boxed Cornbread and Heat Mashed Potatoes
- Line a slow cooker with parchment paper.
- Use boxed cornbread (just follow the recipe) and make it in your slow cooker. Cook on high for 2 to 4 hours. Add any flavorings you want.
- Check the cornbread with a toothpick--if the toothpick comes out clean, it's done!
- You can also use your slow cooker to make sure your mashed potatoes stay warm. Make your favorite mashed potatoes ahead of time, and keep them warm for hours on low in the slow cooker.