Christmas Week Prep: The Pioneer Woman's Fastest, Easiest Meals
With just days left until Christmas, you're likely in the midst of mad dashes to the shopping mall, last-minute gift-wrapping, cookie decorating and holiday party planning. But, of course, you still need dinner tonight, and surely this is no time to prepare intricate plates and involved recipes. This week calls for the ultimate in speed and simplicity, and for that, The Pioneer Woman's easiest, quickest meals fit the bill. Ready to eat in less than 30 minutes, Ree Drummond's family-friendly picks are dinners you can count on; most are made with refrigerator staples, and they're comforting enough to fight the winter chill. Read on below to get Ree's go-to supper ideas, including hearty taco salad and DIY pizza.
5. Chicken Taco Salad — Ree builds layer upon layer of flavor in her satisfying salad by starting with a bed of greens, then adding juicy seasoned chicken and classic taco-style fixings, like grilled corn, fresh tomatoes, creamy cheese and cool avocado. For an extra-special finish, top the salad with next-level dressing: bottled ranch spiked with salsa.
4. French Bread Pizzas — Instead of making pizza dough the crust, Ree starts with sliced rolls or baguettes and builds five varieties of pies to please everyone: tomatoes with basil, bacon and pineapple, and more.
3. Chicken Piccata with Buttery Lemon Noodles — Impressive enough to serve to company yet made in just 16 minutes, classic chicken breasts get dressed up when topped with a rich, creamy lemon-caper sauce and served alongside buttery, lemon-scented pasta.
2. Beef with Snow Peas — Even your local takeout spot can't deliver dinner as quickly as Ree's Asian-inspired dinner is ready. The star of her plate is a sweet and savory brown sugar-soy sauce she makes to coat the tender beef.
1. Chicken Florentine Pasta — Tossed with butter-sauteed chicken, a garlicky white wine sauce, and colorful spinach and tomatoes, Ree's cheesy pasta is a big-batch favorite that makes up to 10 servings. Click the play button on the video below to watch her make it.