50 Fresh Corn Recipes
How to Cook Corn:
Boil: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add husked corn and cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
Grill: Brush husked corn with oil; grill over high heat, turning, until lightly charred, 8 to 10 minutes.
1 ear = 1/2 cup kernels
1. Maple-Chipotle Corn Puree 1 stick softened butter, 2 tablespoons maple syrup and 1 tablespoon sauce from a can of chipotles in adobo. Spread on cooked ears of corn.
2. Sweet Curry Corn Puree 1 stick softened butter with 3 tablespoons mango chutney and 2 teaspoons roasted curry powder. Spread on cooked ears of corn.
3. Dill-Caper Corn Mix 1 stick softened butter with 1/4 cup chopped dill, 2 tablespoons capers and the zest and juice of 1 lemon. Spread on cooked ears of corn.
4. Anchovy Corn Mix 1 stick softened butter with 2 teaspoons anchovy paste. Toast 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs in 2 tablespoons of the anchovy butter in a skillet. Spread the remaining anchovy butter on cooked ears of corn, then roll in the toasted panko.
5. Bacon-Wrapped Corn Wrap raw ears of corn with 2 pieces bacon each; wrap individually in foil. Grill over medium-high heat, 15 minutes per side.
6. Corn with Herb Oil Warm 1/3 cup olive oil over low heat. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs. Drizzle over cooked ears of corn.
7. Buffalo Corn Whisk 6 tablespoons melted butter and 3 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce; brush on cooked ears of corn. Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese, celery salt and chopped scallions.
8. Jerk-Salted Corn Mix 1/2 teaspoon each allspice, nutmeg and minced garlic, 2 teaspoons each red pepper flakes, minced scallions and minced thyme, a pinch each of cloves and cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons kosher salt. Sprinkle on cooked ears of corn.
9. Lemon-Pepper Corn Mix 1/4 cup kosher salt, 2 teaspoons pepper and the zest of 1 lemon. Sprinkle on cooked ears of corn.
10. Mexican Corn Brush grilled ears of corn with mayonnaise; sprinkle with cotija cheese, cayenne pepper and lime juice.
11. Spanish Corn Mix 3 tablespoons mayonnaise and 1 grated garlic clove. Brush on grilled ears of corn, then sprinkle with grated manchego and smoked paprika.
12. Parmesan Corn Mix 1/4 cup grated parmesan, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 grated garlic cloves, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon each chopped oregano and pepper. Brush on raw ears of corn. Roast at 425 degrees F until golden.
13. Beer-Boiled Corn Bring two 12-ounce bottles amber beer, 2 cups water, 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning and some salt to a boil in a large pot. Add raw ears of corn and boil until tender, about 4 minutes.
14. Caesar Corn Mix 3 tablespoons mayonnaise with 2 chopped anchovies, 1 grated garlic clove, 2 teaspoons dijon mustard and the juice of 1/2 lemon; brush on grilled ears of corn. Sprinkle with grated parmesan and toasted panko breadcrumbs.
15. Corn in Marinara Saute 6 sliced garlic cloves in olive oil, 1 minute. Add two 15-ounce cans crushed tomatoes, 2 cups water, 2 sprigs basil and a pinch each of red pepper flakes and salt; simmer 10 minutes. Add raw ears of corn and cook 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan.
16. Cheddar Cornbread Prepare an 8.5-ounce box of cornbread mix as directed; stir 1 cup cooked corn kernels, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar and 1/4 cup chopped chives into the batter before baking.
17. Corn Succotash Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet. Saute 1 chopped red bell pepper, 2 minutes. Add 2 1/2 cups raw corn kernels, 1 cup thawed frozen lima beans, 1/4 cup water, 2 teaspoons chopped thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Cover; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in 2 sliced scallions.
18. Southwestern Succotash Make Corn Succotash (No. 17), swapping 1 chopped poblano chile for the bell pepper. Stir in 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
19. Italian Succotash Make Corn Succotash (No. 17), adding 1 cup diced zucchini with the corn. Top with chopped basil.
20. Corn and Tomato Salad Toss 2 cups cooked corn kernels with 1 pint halved cherry tomatoes, 2 diced Persian cucumbers, the juice of 2 limes, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 chopped seeded jalapeno, and salt to taste.
21. Corn Gazpacho Make Corn and Tomato Salad (No. 20); puree with 1/2 chopped red bell pepper and 1 cup tomato juice. Chill.
22. Corn-Bean Salsa Toss 2 cups cooked corn kernels, a 15-ounce can black beans (drained and rinsed), 1 diced mango, 1/2 diced red onion, 2 tablespoons each lime juice and olive oil and 1/4 cup chopped cilantro.
23. Corn-Edamame Salad Toss 2 cups each cooked corn kernels and cooked shelled edamame with 2 tablespoons each vegetable oil, rice vinegar and chopped scallions, a pinch of red pepper flakes, 2 teaspoons soy sauce and 1 teaspoon each grated ginger and sesame oil.
24. Corn and Bacon Pancakes Mix 1 cup cooked corn kernels and 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon into 2 cups pancake batter; cook by 1/4 cupfuls in a hot buttered skillet.
25. Corn Ice Cream Bring 2 cups each raw corn kernels and half-and-half to a simmer; season with salt and cook 5 minutes. Cool slightly. Puree with 1 cup sweetened condensed milk; chill. Churn in an ice cream maker, then freeze until firm.
26. Corn-Bacon Syrup Cook 1/2 cup diced bacon in a skillet until crisp. Remove, reserving 1 tablespoon fat. Add 1 cup raw corn kernels and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla to the skillet; cook 2 minutes. Add 1 cup maple syrup and 1/2 cup toasted walnuts and cook until thickened, 5 minutes. Add the bacon and a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve on ice cream or pancakes.
27. Corn Pasta Salad Mix 1/3 cup each mayonnaise, sour cream and diced pickles with 2 tablespoons each chopped parsley and chives. Stir in 12 ounces cooked macaroni and 1 cup each diced celery and cooked corn kernels. Add salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
28. Corn Quesadillas Cook 1 cup raw corn kernels, 1 diced zucchini, 1/2 diced red onion and 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin in olive oil until soft. Spread on 4 small tortillas; top with shredded cheddar and fold in half. Cook in a hot oiled skillet, 2 minutes per side.
29. Corn Stir-Fry Cook 2 teaspoons grated ginger in 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat, 1 minute. Add 1 cup raw corn kernels, 2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables, 2 teaspoons soy sauce and 1 tablespoon water; cook 2 minutes. Drizzle with sesame oil.
30. Shrimp-Corn Stir-Fry Make Corn Stir-Fry (No. 29), adding 8 ounces small shrimp (peeled and deveined) before the vegetables; cook until pink, 2 minutes.
31. Corn Crostini Toss 1 cup cooked corn kernels with 1 cup each diced tomato and fresh mozzarella, 1/4 cup chopped basil and 2 tablespoons each white wine vinegar and olive oil. Spoon onto toasted baguette slices.
32. Chile-Corn Vinaigrette Puree 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels with 2 tablespoons water and 1 teaspoon each sherry vinegar and brine from a jar of Peppadew peppers. Whisk in 3 tablespoons vegetable oil.
33. Corn Frittata Mix 8 beaten eggs with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 cup cooked corn kernels, 3 chopped scallions and 1 cup grated cheddar. Pour into an oiled 8-inch ovenproof skillet. Cook over medium heat, 5 minutes, then bake at 400 degrees F until set, 15 more minutes.
34. Cold Corn Soup Cut the kernels from 4 raw ears of corn; reserve the cobs. Saute 2 chopped leeks in olive oil in a pot, 5 minutes. Add the corn and cobs, 1 chopped peeled potato and 8 cups water; simmer 30 minutes. Discard the cobs. Puree, strain and season with salt and pepper; chill.
35. Corn Egg Drop Soup Cook 1 1/2 cups raw corn kernels in 4 cups simmering chicken broth, 5 minutes. Mix 4 teaspoons each cornstarch and water; whisk into the broth and bring to a boil. Slowly pour in 2 beaten eggs; simmer 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Top with sliced scallions.
36. Corn Chowder Cook 2 chopped leeks, 1 chopped red bell pepper and 1 tablespoon fresh thyme in butter in a saucepan, 3 minutes. Add 2 quarts chicken broth, 3 cups raw corn kernels, 1 pound diced potatoes and 1/2 cup heavy cream. Simmer until the potatoes are tender, 15 minutes. Stir in some chopped parsley.
37. Savory Corn Custard Puree 2 cups raw corn kernels, 1 cup chicken broth, 1 teaspoon each kosher salt and soy sauce and a pinch of sugar. Mix with 4 beaten eggs. Strain into four 4-ounce ramekins. Cook in a steamer basket set over simmering water, covered, 10 minutes. Top with sliced scallions.
38. Cheesy Corn Toast Brush frozen Texas toast with mayonnaise; top with shredded cheddar, sliced tomatoes and raw corn kernels. Season with salt and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees F until the cheese melts, 8 minutes.
39. Corn Waffles Whisk 1 cup self-rising flour, 1/2 cup cornmeal, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 cup raw corn kernels, a pinch of salt and 3/4 cup milk. Cook in a waffle maker until golden.
40. Corn Blini Make the batter for Corn Waffles (No. 39) using 3 tablespoons oil and 1 cup milk. Cook mini pancakes in a hot buttered skillet. Top with creme fraiche and chopped mixed herbs.
41. Mexican Blini Make the batter for Corn Waffles (No. 39) using 3 tablespoons oil and 1 cup milk. Cook mini pancakes in a hot buttered skillet. Top with salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
42. Corn Pasta Cook 8 ounces pappardelle; reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain. Cook 1/2 cup diced pancetta in 2 tablespoons olive oil until crisp. Add 1 cup each raw corn kernels and chopped scallions, and 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes; cook, stirring, until tender. Add the pasta water and bring to a simmer; stir in the pasta. Top with basil and parmesan.
43. Corn Baked Potatoes Bake potatoes at 400 degrees F, 1 hour. Puree 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels with 6 tablespoons softened butter. Stir in 2 more tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon cream and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Serve on the potatoes.
44. Hush Puppies Whisk 1/4 cup flour, 3/4 cup cornmeal, 1 cup raw corn kernels and 3/4 teaspoon each kosher salt and baking powder; stir in 3/4 cup milk. Fry spoonfuls of batter in 350 degrees F vegetable oil, 3 minutes.
45. Mozzarella Corn Fritters Make Hush Puppies (No. 44) with just 1/2 cup corn kernels; add 1/2 cup finely diced mozzarella and a pinch of dried oregano to the batter before frying.
46. Creamed Corn Cook 3 cups raw corn kernels and 1 tablespoon flour in 2 tablespoons butter, 5 minutes. Whisk in 1 cup milk and 1/4 cup cream cheese; simmer until thickened, 15 minutes. Stir in chopped chives, salt and pepper to taste.
47. Light Creamed Corn Cut the kernels off 6 raw ears of corn. Scrape the cobs with the back of a knife to extract the milk; puree the milk with half of the kernels and 1 cup water. Cook the remaining kernels and 1/2 chopped onion in 2 tablespoons butter until soft. Add the puree, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer, stirring, 10 minutes.
48. Corn Pizza Stretch refrigerated pizza dough into a large rectangle on parchment; brush with olive oil. Top with minced garlic, sliced mozzarella, raw corn kernels and grated parmesan; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Bake at 475 degrees F, 10 minutes. Top with basil.
49. Corn Risotto Cook 1 cup each raw corn kernels and chopped onion in 2 tablespoons butter until soft. Add 1 cup each arborio rice and white wine; simmer until the wine is absorbed. Add 3 cups hot broth, stirring, until absorbed. Add 3 more cups broth and cook, stirring, until tender, 10 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup parmesan. Season with salt.
50. Corn Relish Chop 1 cup cooked corn kernels, 1 each red and green bell pepper, 1 stalk celery and 3 scallions in a food processor. Toss with 3 tablespoons cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon each olive oil and brown sugar, and 3/4 teaspoon each celery seeds and kosher salt.
Photographs by Jennifer Causey