20 Healthy Picnic Salads
Need a few new ideas for picnic side dishes? Here are 20 mouthwatering salads you can easily tote along for your next outdoor shindig.
Be sure to pack your salad safely to avoid potential illness. If you're heading on a long drive, keep it in a cooler surrounded with ice. If you also have raw meat, chicken, or hot dogs, those should be packed in a separate cooler to avoid cross-contamination. The cooler should be stored in the air-conditioned car, not in the hot trunk or roof rack.
To avoid a soggy leafy green salad, pack the salad and dressing separately in the cooler and mix them together right before serving.
- Black-Eyed Pea Salad With Canadian Bacon
- Quinoa Salad With Asparagus, Goat Cheese and Black Olives
- Bulgur Salad With Green Onion Vinaigrette
- Corn and Pasta Salad With Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Wheat Berry Salad
- Farro and Corn Salad (pictured above)
- Whole Wheat Pasta Salad With Walnuts and Feta Cheese
- Mango-Cucumber Rice Salad