No-Fail Party Prep
Your summer soirees are about to heat up because party planner to the stars Marcy Blum is revealing all the latest party trends!
Trend 1: Food-Inspired Escort Cards and Tables
- When throwing an outdoor wedding, instead of labeling your table escort cards with numbers, try labeling them with drawings of food. For example, put an elegant drawing of a lemon (or any fruit/veggies you like) on escort cards for a table.
- Place a large clear vase full of the corresponding food--in this case lemons--in the center of a table so it matches the escort cards. This way, guests can easily find their seats.
- Surround the table centerpieces with various greenery, which just so happens to be the Pantone color of the year!
Trend 2: Edible Table Arrangements
- Nothing is worse than sitting down at a table for a party and finding there's nothing to munch on. Why not add an edible table arrangement!
- Take advantage of fresh summer flavors by having tomatoes on the vine set down the center of your table (or use any seasonal fruit/veggie you like).
- Intersperse them with a simple, rustic, charcuterie board full of nuts, meat and breadsticks. Try displaying them in various ways: Place the nuts and meats on a wooden slab and put the long breadsticks in a pot similar to those used for the greenery.
Trend 3: Hanging Lanterns
What you'll need:
- Paper lanterns in various sizes and colors
- String (or twine)
- White holiday lights (optional)
- To add an easy and beautiful "wow factor" to any party, make a hanging paper lantern display. Paper lanterns are usually available in bulk for little cost!
- Try getting lanterns that play off the colors of your tables, in 3 different sizes (small, medium and large).
- Clump them into groups of 3: 3 different colors and 3 different sizes per grouping. Make enough to cover the length of your table.
- Thread a long strip of string through the groupings of 3, binding them all together.
- Tie each end to a secure pole or tree. If hanging inside, make sure to secure the center of the lantern cluster to the ceiling, as well as the ends.
- OPTIONAL: Thread white holiday lights throughout the lantern display to create soft lighting. This is great if hosting an outdoor party.