31 Days of Bananas
We've got a bunch of ways to enjoy this classic fruit.
1. Bananas have gotten a bad rap; find out why they made our list of foods that are healthier than you think.
2. Bake up a classic quick bread: Banana Walnut Bread.
3. We’ve been bananas for bananas for a while now.
4. Don’t refrigerate bananas or they’ll turn brown FAST.
5. Dip in chocolate and pop in the freezer for a cool treat.
7. A recipe for April Fools' Day: It’s Lasagna! No, it’s Banana Pudding Cake.
8. The easiest (and tastiest) banana muffins ever.
12. Unlike most other fruits, bananas ripen better after they’re are picked.
13. Make homemade baby food.
14. Add more fruit to your diet – toss a banana in your backpack or briefcase.
15. Get a dose of fiber with Chunky Banana Bran Muffins.
16. Lightened up your favorite banana bread recipe with these tips.
17. Munch on dried bananas dolloped with peanut butter and chocolate.
18. Make banana-studded pancakes.
19. Warm ‘em up on the grill.
20. Make an Orange-Banana Smoothie – freeze the bananas ahead for an extra frosty drink,.
21. Make a banana part of your brown bag lunch.
22. Bananas are the perfect on-the-go snack, they come in their own sterile package.
23. Make your own banana chips.
24. Size matters! A small banana has about 80 calories, a large one has 120!
25. Bananas make a healthy topper for ice cream and frozen yogurt.
26. Add sliced banana, cinnamon and walnuts to your morning bowl of oatmeal.
27. Breakfast, post-workout snack or dessert: Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie.
28. Try a vegan twist on banana bread.
29. Make a fruit salad with banana slices; don’t forget to add a squeeze of citrus to stop them from turning brown.
30. A large banana has 20% of the daily recommendation of vitamin C.
31. Fry up some warm and gooey banana beignets.