Neely Fun Facts
- The first Neely's restaurant opened on February 29, 1988 in a renovated office building with 2,000 square feet on Madison Avenue.
- Neely's Bar-B-Que has two restaurants in Memphis, Tenn. and one in Nashville.
- Neely's Bar-B-Que is a family-owned and operated restaurant with 85 employees.
- Neely's Bar-B-Que operates four concession outlets in the FedEx Forum in downtown Memphis. Their barbecue nachos have consistently been the top selling menu item at the arena since its opening in 2004.
- Neely's Bar-B-Que sells its sauce and rubs in local grocery stores and at neelysbbqparlor.com.
- Some of Neely's Bar-B-Que restaurants most famous guests have included: Paula Deen, Al Roker, Robert Plant, Robert Clay, Steve Miller, Jay Leno, Dennis Quaid, Meg Ryan, John Legend, Stacy Spencer, Alicia Keys, Randy Travis and Judge Joe Brown.
- All three restaurants serve approximately 10,000 pounds of barbecue each week. The most popular menu items are the large pulled pork sandwich and wet and dry ribs.
- Neely's Bar-B-Que is committed to the Memphis community by providing 25 tickets to each home game of the NBA Memphis Grizzlies to area youth groups. Neely's also sponsors the athletic departments at Central High School and Melrose High School, plus many other non-profit organizations.
What Is Salt Pork? And How to Use It
It’s the secret ingredient in many baked beans recipes.
How to Cook Ground Beef
Browned, juicy ground beef crumbles are the secret to steller chili, sloppy joes and beyond.
What Is Picnic Ham?
Here, a small smoked ham that’s perfect for everyday occasions.
What Is a Hanger Steak?
Everything you need to know about the budget-friendly cut of steak.
What Is Rump Roast? And How to Cook It
It’s inexpensive, but can cook up just as tender as short ribs.
The Best Way to Cook Bacon
... is actually more than one way. The perfect method depends on the circumstance. Here's how to get perfect bacon every time, no matter what.
What Is Pancetta?
You've seen it in carbonara. Nope, it's not the same thing as bacon. Here's everything you need to know.
What Is Uncured Ham?
The answer may surprise you.
How Long to Bake Pork Chops
Dig into juicy, perfectly-cooked pork chops every single time.