Neely Fun Facts
- The first Neely's restaurant opened on February 29, 1988 in a renovated office building with 2,000 square feet on Madison Avenue.
- Neely's Bar-B-Que has two restaurants in Memphis, Tenn. and one in Nashville.
- Neely's Bar-B-Que is a family-owned and operated restaurant with 85 employees.
- Neely's Bar-B-Que operates four concession outlets in the FedEx Forum in downtown Memphis. Their barbecue nachos have consistently been the top selling menu item at the arena since its opening in 2004.
- Neely's Bar-B-Que sells its sauce and rubs in local grocery stores and at neelysbbqparlor.com.
- Some of Neely's Bar-B-Que restaurants most famous guests have included: Paula Deen, Al Roker, Robert Plant, Robert Clay, Steve Miller, Jay Leno, Dennis Quaid, Meg Ryan, John Legend, Stacy Spencer, Alicia Keys, Randy Travis and Judge Joe Brown.
- All three restaurants serve approximately 10,000 pounds of barbecue each week. The most popular menu items are the large pulled pork sandwich and wet and dry ribs.
- Neely's Bar-B-Que is committed to the Memphis community by providing 25 tickets to each home game of the NBA Memphis Grizzlies to area youth groups. Neely's also sponsors the athletic departments at Central High School and Melrose High School, plus many other non-profit organizations.
Buying and preparing ham
Choosing and preparing pork belly, pork ribs and bacon
Use our internal-temperature chart to serve perfectly cooked meat every time.
Hot Tips From Food Network Kitchens' Katherine Alford: Thin cuts of pork can dry out quickly, so try giving them a quick brine first.
A guide to buying and preparing pork loin roast, pork tenderloin and pork chops
From the Carolinas to Tennessee and Kansas City to Texas, every region embraces unique barbecue traditions.
Get inspired by Chopped Junior to cook a crispy, juicy pork cutlet at home.
Follow these easy steps for crispy, tender cutlets, then watch our how-to video.
No judgement. We've all been there.
Flip through our guide for the proper way to roast meats, then watch our how-to video.