Paula's Perfect Peach Cobbler
We're teaming up with other food and garden bloggers to host Summer Fest 2010, a season-long garden party. Each week we'll feature favorite garden-to-table recipes and tips to help you enjoy the bounty, whether you're harvesting your own goodies or buying them fresh from the market. To join in, check out awaytogarden.com.
With just five ingredients (granted, one is a whole stick of butter!), Georgia-native Paula Deen makes a perfect Peach Cobbler, one of the top recipes on FoodNetwork.com.
Cobblers are made in a deep dish and have a thick crust on top, usually biscuit-like dough spooned on top of the fruit filling. But Paula works a little self-rising flour magic with her version. Her thin batter begins its journey in a pool of warm, melted butter at the bottom of the baking dish, then works its way up through peachy goodness as it bakes to form a buttery, moist crust. No wonder this recipe has over 900, 5-star reviews!
Jump into the kitchen with Paula, to see all her can't-miss cobbler-making secrets.
If you're craving a crunchy fruit crisp or crumble, tap into the expertise of Barefoot Contessa Ina Garden, with her recipes for Peach and Blueberry Crumble and Peach and Raspberry Crisp.
- Savory Stone Fruit recipes with Sara at Cooking Channel
- Peachy Party Foods from Alison at Food2
- How to Poach a Peach from Food Network UK
- Puttin’ Up Peach Pickles, Compote and More with Liz on Healthy Eats
- Todd and Diane of White on Rice Couple: Riesling Poached Pluots.
- Margaret at A Way to Garden: What is stone fruit, anyhow? Plus: Clafoutis batter revisited.
- Caroline at The Wright Recipes: Ginger and Vanilla Poached Peaches.
- Kelly at Just a Taste: Peaches & Cream Cupcakes.
- Judy of Divina Cucina: Chocolate Amaretti Baked Apricots.
- Cate at Sweetnicks: Blueberry Peach Smoothies.
- Paige at The Sister Project: A Summer Fruit Whatchamacallit (not a pie, not a crisp, but delicious).
- Marilyn at Simmer Till Done: Cherry Apricot Pie with Ginger-Almond Crunch.
- Alana at Eating From the Ground Up: Stone fruit slump.
- Caron of San Diego Foodstuff: grilled peach parfait and coconut peach gazpacho.
- Tigress in a Jam: nectarine preserve with summer savory and white pepper.
Past Summer Fest Picks: The "Other" Summer Greens, FN Chefs' Creamed Corn-Off and Paula's Best Zucchini Bread.