31 Days of Citrus
Brighten up a winter’s day with sweet, tart and tangy citrus fruit.
1. Grow your own.
2. Read up on lemons.
3. Liven up a beet salad.
5. Turn leftover holiday cranberries into orange and lemon-spiked chutney.
7. Prepare fish en papillote with sliced citrus for a light and flavorful meal.
8. Stuff a chicken with lemon and oranges and roast.
10. Use citrus juice and zest to marinate chicken thighs.
12. Find out why citrus made our list of healthy flavor boosters.
14. Drizzle oranges with maple syrup for a breakfast salad.
15. Dive into a sour and juicy blood orange.
16. Add tangelos to a spinach salad.
17. Green foods like limes have special health-protecting antioxidants.
18. Try a classic combo -- salmon and citrus.
20. Add a burst of orange to mashed sweet potatoes.
21. Choose water-packed mandarin oranges to cut out extra sugar. Toss them in a salad.
22. Make a fruity soup for dessert.
23. Combine basil and lime for a refreshing sorbet.
24. Basil also compliments the tangy flavor of grapefruit.
25. Ina’s Lemon Cake stays moist with lemon syrup.
26. Sweet grapefruit and fresh fennel make a killer salad.
27. Whip up a batch of these lemony cookies for company.
28. Get Robin’s clever grapefruit creations.
30. Add lime segments to mango salsa.
31. Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for homemade Caesar salad dressing.