The World's Easiest Gingerbread House
Follow these step-by-step instructions for how to make the world's easiest gingerbread house.
- Milk carton
- Serrated knife
- Foil-wrapped cardboard
- Store-bought royal icing
- Graham crackers
- Breakfast cereal
- Assorted candy
- Cut off the bottom third of a milk carton with a serrated knife.
Wash out the milk carton; this will be the template for the house.
- Attach the milk carton to the foil-wrapped cardboard using the icing as glue.
- Measure the graham crackers against the sides of the milk carton and cut them with the serrated knife to make the walls of the house.
- Attach the graham crackers to the sides of the milk carton with the icing.
- Stick the breakfast cereal onto the top of the milk carton with icing to serve as roof shingles. To create a little overhang, start with the bottom row and work up.
- Decorate the house and foil cardboard with your choice of candy.
Mix-and-Match Brunch Casserole
Customize this favorite for your guests: It's a foolproof crowd-pleaser.
Design an edible gift: This customizable recipe from Food Network Magazine leads to dozens of possibilities!
3 Great Recipes for Keto Christmas Cookies
Put down the royal icing.
15 Best Christmas China Patterns for a Beautiful Holiday Dinner
These holiday dinnerware patterns range from ultra-traditional to whimsical and modern. There's one for every festive table!
How to Make a Charcuterie House
If you're not much for sweets (or, you know, icing-shellacked cookie houses), this savory display - made with all the ingredients of a charcuterie board - is for you.
How to Make Salt Dough Ornaments
Use spices and seeds from your pantry to decorate ornaments.
5 Edible Holiday Centerpiece Ideas That Will Wow Your Guests
These fun, creative edible centerpieces are sure to be the star of any holiday party, and they're easy enough for kids to help with.
How to Make Ice Cream Hot Dogs
These fake out desserts will have all your cookout guests doing a double take!
All the Things You Can ‘Gingerbread’ This Winter
New ideas. Good, old-fashioned flavor.
How to Make Pride Flag Cookies This Pride Month
From the colors to the symbolism behind each, here's everything you need to know about some LGBTQ+ flags.