The World's Easiest Gingerbread House
Follow these step-by-step instructions for how to make the world's easiest gingerbread house.
- Milk carton
- Serrated knife
- Foil-wrapped cardboard
- Store-bought royal icing
- Graham crackers
- Breakfast cereal
- Assorted candy
- Cut off the bottom third of a milk carton with a serrated knife.
Wash out the milk carton; this will be the template for the house.
- Attach the milk carton to the foil-wrapped cardboard using the icing as glue.
- Measure the graham crackers against the sides of the milk carton and cut them with the serrated knife to make the walls of the house.
- Attach the graham crackers to the sides of the milk carton with the icing.
- Stick the breakfast cereal onto the top of the milk carton with icing to serve as roof shingles. To create a little overhang, start with the bottom row and work up.
- Decorate the house and foil cardboard with your choice of candy.
Make some fun sweets with this favorite holiday flavor.
Find 50 ideas for quick and easy toast toppers from Food Network Magazine.
Find ideas for 50 simple pizza toppings, from Food Network Magazine.