Easy DIY Smoker Hack
A quick and simple way to get traditional BBQ flavor, without spending money on a smoker.
What you'll need:
- Charcoal grill
- Wood chunks
- 1-pound aluminum loaf pan (for the wood chunks)
- Deep-depth aluminum pan (for water)
- Aluminum foil
- Remove the top grill grate from the charcoal grill.
- Arrange lit coals on one half of the bottom grate.
- Fill the deep-depth aluminum pan with water, then place inside the grill on the side without the coals.
- Make a DIY smoker box by filling the aluminum loaf pan halfway with wood chunks.
- Cover the smoker box with aluminum foil and poke about 15 holes in the top with a skewer.
- Place the DIY smoker box next to the water pan on the lit coals.
- Put the top grill grate back on the grill and you're ready to smoke.