You will need:
- 8 to 10 plastic party cups (16 ounces)
- 3 disposable trays in descending diameters
- Hot glue gun
- 1 loaf football-shaped bread
- Slices of white cheese
For the stand:
The number of cups needed will depend on the size of the trays you purchase. Before securing anything with your glue gun, test each layer for stability.
- Place 4 to 5 cups upside down in the center of the largest tray.
- Place the medium tray in the center on top of the cups.
- If it is stable, you can now remove the top tray and affix the cups (upside down) to the largest tray with the hot glue gun.
- Secure the medium tray to those cups with the hot glue gun.
- Repeat the process with more cups and the smallest tray.
For the "trophy" topper:
- Hollow out a hole on the bottom of the bread loaf on an angle. The hole should be wide enough to rest the bread on the bottom of an upside down plastic cup.
- Secure the cup upside down in the center of the top tray with the glue gun.
- Rest the bread loaf on top (do not glue).
- Cut the cheese into strips to resemble the "lacing" on a football. If you want, you can heat the bread and cheese in the oven for a couple of minutes to melt on the cheese--do this before securing it to the cup.
Now you're ready to load it up with game day foods!