Host Your Own BBQ Party
Before you pig out, dress up your backyard to look like a BBQ joint with these simple DIY ideas.
Bandana Pinwheel Napkins
What you'll need:
- Iron out any creases in the bandanas.
- Lay each bandana flat and fold in all 4 corners to meet at the center, creating a square.
- Fold in 2 opposite edges of the square to meet in the center, creating a rectangle.
- Fold in 2 opposite edges of the rectangle to meet in the center, creating a square.
- Pull out the flaps from each edge of the square, creating 4 points.
- With the flap to the right of you, fold it down and towards you.
- With the flap to the left of you, fold it up and away from you to create a pinwheel shape.
DIY Wet Wipes Canister
What you'll need
- 1 empty 30.5-ounce coffee can with plastic lid
- 1 bandana
- Craft glue
- Paint brush
- Cut the bandana to match the height of the coffee can.
- Paint a layer of craft glue onto the can and press the bandana on it to adhere.
- Paint a second layer of craft glue over the bandana and allow to dry.
DIY Wet Wipes Centerpiece Decoration
What you'll need:
- 1 tube-less paper towel roll (or remove the tube from a roll of paper towels)
- Chef's knife
- Gallon-sized ziptop bag
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup aloe vera
- 1/8 cup (2 tablespoons) rubbing alcohol
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- Craft knife
- 1 decorated 30.5-ounce coffee can with plastic lid
- Cut a roll of paper towels in half with a sharp chef's knife.
- Place the halved paper towel roll inside a gallon-sized ziptop bag.
- Combine the water, aloe vera, rubbing alcohol, witch hazel and lavender essential oil in a measuring cup.
- Pour the mixture over the paper towels inside the bag and allow it to soak in for at least 10 minutes.
- Cut an X into the lid of the coffee can with a craft knife.
- Pull a paper towel "wipe" through the X and tightly secure the lid onto the container.