Chill Out While You Grill Out
Keep cool in the warm weather with these fun and easy hacks!
Cool as a Cucumber Mister
What you'll need:
- 1 cucumber
- Large measuring cup
- 1 lemon
- 100 percent aloe vera gel
- Fresh mint leaves
- Mini spray bottles
- Bucket filled with ice
- Peel and slice the cucumber.
- Add to a blender with 1/3 cup water and blend thoroughly.
- Strain the mixture through cheesecloth and a strainer into a measuring cup.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel and whisk together.
- Put some mint leaves in each mini spray bottle then pour some of the mixture into each.
- Place in an ice bucket and enjoy!
Hula Hoop Sprinkler
What you'll need:
- Old hula hoop
- Garden shears
- Brass garden hose adapter
- PVC TEE adapter (we used an LFA-677 adapter)
- Duct tape
- Cut the hula hoop at the seams with garden shears.
- Drill holes all the way around the hula hoop, about 6 inches apart from each other.
- Twist the brass garden hose adapter and PVC TEE adapter together.
- Fasten the adapter parts to the hula hoop, leaving the hose connector open.
- Securely wrap duct tape around the hula hoop and adapter parts (tightly, so water doesn't escape!).
- Attach the hose…and let it rip!
The Kitchen has some great ways for you to beat the heat this summer.
Check out Food Network's favorite takeout-inspired recipes, each a healthy option ready to eat in fewer than 30 minutes.
The Kitchen's putting some unexpected food on the grill.
Banish your fear of fish sticking to the grill with this one easy trick.
The Kitchen is grilling up some doughnuts and showing you 3 great ways to top them.
It's officially grilling season! We've got the latest tips and tricks to get your grill ready for summer.
In the winter, one of the things we miss the most is the flavor of the grill. Some of our loyal viewers just won't let a little snow stop them from that smoky goodness of the outdoor grill--and we want to help you make the most of it.
Hear from Jeff as he breaks down the ins and outs of his best-ever grilled cheese.
We're showing you carve-free ways to decorate your pumpkins for the fall!
On Mother's Day, Americans spend BILLIONS--with a "B"--of dollars on flowers each year. The Kitchen has come up with 3 beautiful DIY flower techniques that are perfectly pleasing for every mom and will cost you less than pricey bouquets.