1. In a skillet, prepare sausage according to package directions.
2. Cool slightly and slice into ½-inch slices.
3. In a soup kettle, melt butter and saute onions until tender and lightly browned.
4. Add flour, mix until smooth.
5. Stir in stock, over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
6. Reduce heat, add potatoes and cook until almost tender, about 10-12 minutes.
7. Gradually stir in cream, corn and thyme.
8. Continue to simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Do not allow to boil.
10. Add prepared sausage, bell pepper and onions.
11. Continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
12. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
13. Serve and garnish with parsley.
Check Out Our
Get a sneak-peek of the new Food Network recipe page and give us your feedback.See it Now!