Easy Black & White Petit Fours That You Can Make at Home
Treat your sweetheart to something special on Valentine's Day.
Black and White Petit Fours 01:22
Turn a store-bought pound cake into sweet petit fours.
What you'll need:
- Vanilla pound cake
- Chocolate pound cake
- 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Chocolate frosting
- Vanilla frosting
- Offset spatula
- Pink edible glitter
- Pink sprinkle pearls
- Slice off the domed top of the pound cakes to level them, then slice each loaf in half lengthwise through the middle to create two 3/4- to 1-inch-thick planks.
- Use a 2-inch heart cookie cutter to cut out pound cake hearts. You should be able to cut about 12 hearts from each flavor of pound cake. Freeze on a baking sheet for 1 hour.
- Add the chocolate and vanilla frosting to separate microwave-safe bowls and microwave for 15 to 25 seconds; stir to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Place a pound cake heart on an offset spatula and use a spoon to coat the heart completely with the frosting. Carefully transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining hearts and frosting.
- Decorate the tops of the petit fours with edible glitter and pink sprinkle pearls.
- Allow to harden completely before serving or packaging for a gift.
Find out how to make this elusive restaurant favorite at home.
Treat your special someone to an over-the-top Valentine's Day dinner of juicy steak.
Forgot to buy balsamic for your favorite glazed carrots? These ingredient substitutions from The Kitchen will save you an extra trip to the store when you're in a pinch.
This super simple technique for patriotic tri-color cupcake icing will make your treats will look so great that your guests will swear you bought them from a professional bakery!
This patriotic dessert bite will soar above your guest’s expectations.
Guests are here and dinner's not ready. Don't worry! You can spare 7 minutes to pull together an easy appetizer that is elegant and impressive.
A quick and simple way to get traditional BBQ flavor, without spending money on a smoker.
Boost the flavor of meat and seafood with these easy marinades.
Learn the secret to making Geoffrey's simple pasta dinner in a hurry.
This fresh and fun idea is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next tailgate!