Easy Black & White Petit Fours That You Can Make at Home
Treat your sweetheart to something special on Valentine's Day.
We're sorry, there seems to be an issue playing this video. Please refresh the page or try again in a moment. If you continue to have issues, please contact us here.
What you'll need:
- Vanilla pound cake
- Chocolate pound cake
- 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Chocolate frosting
- Vanilla frosting
- Offset spatula
- Pink edible glitter
- Pink sprinkle pearls
- Slice off the domed top of the pound cakes to level them, then slice each loaf in half lengthwise through the middle to create two 3/4- to 1-inch-thick planks.
- Use a 2-inch heart cookie cutter to cut out pound cake hearts. You should be able to cut about 12 hearts from each flavor of pound cake. Freeze on a baking sheet for 1 hour.
- Add the chocolate and vanilla frosting to separate microwave-safe bowls and microwave for 15 to 25 seconds; stir to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Place a pound cake heart on an offset spatula and use a spoon to coat the heart completely with the frosting. Carefully transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining hearts and frosting.
- Decorate the tops of the petit fours with edible glitter and pink sprinkle pearls.
- Allow to harden completely before serving or packaging for a gift.
Make Your Own Hot Chocolate Floats
We've got four "cool" ways to enjoy hot chocolate.
Easy Kitchen Hacks You Can Do With Your Microwave
It's for way more than just reheating leftovers!
How to Make a Cabbage Vase for Spring Table Decor
The perfect spring feast isn’t complete without the perfect table decor! The Kitchen shows you a fun and unique way to spruce up your table…with an item straight from the garden.
Saturday Snack Attack
The Kitchen hosts are raiding the pantry and cupboards for these flavor-boosted snack ideas — perfect for the weekend.
Is That A Thing: Crazy Stuffed Foods
People are getting creative with stuffed foods and unexpected surprise fillings that have the Kitchen hosts asking—is that a thing?!
The Greatest Tools
The Kitchen hosts share new and innovative ways to use three classic kitchen tools—the cast-iron skillet, the fish spatula, and the rasp grater. Learn how to teach old tools new, exciting tricks!
Everything You Need to Know About Squash
The Kitchen crew gives us shopping, prep and recipe tips for their favorite fall squash.
Draft of Drafts
The Kitchen hosts give you their first round draft picks for their favorite game day brews. We’ve got the perfect beer for every football fan and all the beer basics with our “Draft of Drafts”.
Smart Ways to Use Your Noodles
Snack, craft and play with these ultra-creative noodle tricks!
Would You Buffalo It?
The Kitchen hosts take a look at unique foods that include game day’s ultimate flavor — Buffalo Wing sauce!