Easy Black & White Petit Fours That You Can Make at Home
Treat your sweetheart to something special on Valentine's Day.
Black and White Petit Fours 01:22
Turn a store-bought pound cake into sweet petit fours.
What you'll need:
- Vanilla pound cake
- Chocolate pound cake
- 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Chocolate frosting
- Vanilla frosting
- Offset spatula
- Pink edible glitter
- Pink sprinkle pearls
- Slice off the domed top of the pound cakes to level them, then slice each loaf in half lengthwise through the middle to create two 3/4- to 1-inch-thick planks.
- Use a 2-inch heart cookie cutter to cut out pound cake hearts. You should be able to cut about 12 hearts from each flavor of pound cake. Freeze on a baking sheet for 1 hour.
- Add the chocolate and vanilla frosting to separate microwave-safe bowls and microwave for 15 to 25 seconds; stir to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Place a pound cake heart on an offset spatula and use a spoon to coat the heart completely with the frosting. Carefully transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with the remaining hearts and frosting.
- Decorate the tops of the petit fours with edible glitter and pink sprinkle pearls.
- Allow to harden completely before serving or packaging for a gift.
This super simple technique for patriotic tri-color cupcake icing will make your treats will look so great that your guests will swear you bought them from a professional bakery!
Forgot to buy balsamic for your favorite glazed carrots? These ingredient substitutions from The Kitchen will save you an extra trip to the store when you're in a pinch.
A quick and simple way to get traditional BBQ flavor, without spending money on a smoker.
Guests are here and dinner's not ready. Don't worry! You can spare 7 minutes to pull together an easy appetizer that is elegant and impressive.
This patriotic dessert bite will soar above your guest’s expectations.
Enjoy a vacation at home with the help of Food Network's The Kitchen. The co-hosts are sharing international recipes and how-tos for easy spa treatments.
Count down to the sweetest New Year yet!
Learn the secret to making Geoffrey's simple pasta dinner in a hurry.
This fresh and fun idea is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next tailgate!
Find out how to make this elusive restaurant favorite at home.